Saturday 9 June 2012

Jewellery making antics

I've been pretty busy over the last couple of days with jewellery making antics, so i thought i would take a break and show you all what i've been up to.

Firstly, i finally made the long necklace that i've been planning for aaaaggggggeeeessss. I even put it on my 'to do list' post to make sure that i actually did it.
I added a few extra things to it, like small pink and silver pearls. I also added a silver flower connector to break it up a bit and finished it off with some chain as the beads were getting quite heavy. The chain sits under my hair anyway so you can't see it.

I have also been asked to make a purple bracelet and matching earrings as a gift for someone, so i thought i would make 2 different bracelets so that they had a choice.

With matching earrings.



Or this one (apologies for the picture. It seems to have come out really dark)

With matching earrings


I then spent about two hours yesterday making a bracelet using bead weaving.

Then, after spending two hours making it, i picked it up to put it on, and the CLASP BROKE! So, i took it all apart, ate some chocolate to cheer myself up (i was pretty crabbit by this point) then spent another hour making it it again (using a clasp that actually works this time), tried it on and realised it was about an inch too long. Haven't a clue how i did this since i used the same number of beads as before. So, i am planning to cut it up again and, HOPEFULLY, this time, nothing will go wrong. Although it probably will.

No comments:

Post a Comment