Sunday 10 February 2013

Busy,busy ,busy...

Well, it's been a busy few weeks since my last post! A new term at uni has started, and i've already had to hand in a couple of assignments and study for a test next week. So, my jewellery making seems to have come to a bit of a stand still. ANNOYING! However, before i started back at uni, i did manage to get a few things made and make a wee bit of space in all my bead boxes.


I actually saw a silver necklace in a shop i really liked and thought 'I could make that!'. So i did! I just used black metal instead of silver to make it a bit more unique.
I also made a few charm bracelets, as i think this is a good way of using any beads left over from another project, when there's not enough to make anything bigger.



This is my favourite. I love multi-coloured-ness (yes, it is a word...)


I've also signed up for my first ever bead soup blog party! Yesterday i found out my partner was Elizabeth Stolarczyk from http://www.elizabethsart.blogspot.co.uk and i have my bead soup ready and waiting to send out! Annoyingly, I sorted the beads out into individual bags ready to send, and realised I've forgotten to take a photo! So I might have to mix them all up again. Oh well. I hope she likes them! I don't make my own beads since i don't really have the space or equipment, but hopefully i will have a go at some point, once uni has finished. So, I bought most of my bead soup online or in local shops, adding a couple from my own stash and can't wait to see what Elizabeth makes from them! I've also spent so long deciding what to send that i completely forgot that i'll get a bead soup in return! EEK! I hope i manage to make something that my bead soup partner approves of!

No comments:

Post a Comment